CEO and Strategy Architect
|Content Pilot LLC||T: 214.351.9690|
|820 Exposition Avenue, #2||F: 214.351.9691|
|Dallas, TX 75226||M: 972.897.4921|
Deborah McMurray is CEO and Strategy Architect of Content Pilot LLC. Deborah and her team specialize in the design of Web sites and Web-based proposal centers, experience databases, other marketing technology tools, and important strategic initiatives, such as marketing department restructuring/realignment and positioning/branding campaigns.
She is a Fellow in the American Bar Association’s College of Law Practice Management and was inducted into the Legal Marketing Association’s Hall of Fame at the 2008 annual conference.A co-author of the ABA's 2007 book, Lawyer's Guide to Marketing on the Internet, 3rd ed. (as well as the second edition) and co-editor of Lawyer's Guide to Marketing your Practice, 2nd ed., Deborah is an authority on the design and development of top law firm Web sites. She serves as strategy architect and team leader for these projects, overseeing the projects and the Content Pilot creative and development team.
In November 2005, she published a White Paper after commissioning the first research about the AMLAW 100 Web sites—AMLAW 100 Web Sites: Ten Foundational Best Practices. The White Papers and other research are available for purchase at http://www.contentpilot.net/amlaw100.
Content Pilot technology and branding clients include top regional and national law firms, plus Deborah consults to other legal industry leaders.
She is an industry leader in law firm marketing metrics, helping firms measure and track return on investment. Deborah created Couch Money®, a law firm cost recovery program and marketing budgeting system. She has 25 years' experience in strategic marketing, positioning and communications for professional services firms and served for 11 years (1987 - 1998) as the first in-house marketing director at Texas-based Johnson & Swanson/Gibbs and Hughes & Luce, LLP.
Legal Industry Leadership
Legal Marketing Association
- Co-Chair LMA Hall of Fame Committee, 2009-2010
- National Board of Directors, Secretary, 1998-2000
- Co-Chair national LMA Conference, Palm Springs, 2000
- Your Honor Awards Chair 2001-2002
- Publications Committee Chair 2001-2002
- Research Committee, Member 2001 - present
- Participated in the repositioning of LMA (from NALFMA) in 1998
- STRATEGIES: The Journal of Legal Marketing, published by LMA. As Executive Editor, led positioning of publication as the source of legal marketing information in the industry. Member Editorial Board since 1989.
American Bar Association
- Fellow, College of Law Practice Management, inducted fall 2007
- Member, LPM Publishing Board 2002 - 2007
- Member, Law Practice Management Section, 2002 - present
Dallas Bar Association
- HEADNOTES, Co-chair publications committee, 1999
- Technology Editor 1998
- Media Relations Committee co-chair in 1996-1997
- ABA, LMA, State Bar of Texas, ALA, ACLEA, NAELA, ALM, Terra Lex global meeting, and other legal and business audiences on Web sites, proposal generation and automation, law firm marketing metrics, branding/positioning and business development
- White Papers: 2006 AMLAW 100 Web Sites--Ten Foundational Best Practices, September 2006; 2005 AmLaw 100 Web Sites--Ten Foundational Best Practices, November 2005.
- Numerous articles published in Strategies, Legal Times, The National Law Journal, The New York Law Journal, ABA's Law Practice Management, Of Counsel, The Texas Lawyer, Dallas Bar Headnotes and The New Jersey Lawyer.
- Co-author of the ABA's Lawyer's Guide to Marketing on the Internet, 3rd Ed, published October 2007, the "2nd Ed," published October 2002, and co-editor of the ABA's Lawyers Guide to Marketing Your Practice, 2nd Ed., published February 2004.
- Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, Gustavus Adolphus College, St Peter, MN
- Master of Music, honors, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
"We love you and we love your knowledge of the marketplace. We love the passion, creativity and conviction you have brought to things even when we have disagreed with you. We would hire you again tomorrow."
Director of Administration
Thompson, Coe, Cousins & Irons, LLP.
"Please know that I'm happy to sing your praises anytime. You should be terribly proud of the team, product and services you've assembled. They're all nothing short of exemplary."
Director of Marketing
Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP.
Deborah will participate in a panel discussion, "The Elephant in the Room: Marketing Technology Trends You Can't Afford to Ignore” at the the LMA Annual Conference on Wednesday, March 14, 11:00 am in Grapevine, TX.
Visit http://lmaconference.com to register or learn more about the conference.
Three Ways to Make Your Website More Dynamic
Published in attorneyatwork.com